Our Museum is fully wheelchair accessible. In addition, we have a wheelchair on-site for the use of our visitors and guests.
There is bicycle parking on both sides of Main Street Salinas on the three blocks leading down South Main Street from the Center (the 100, 200 and 300 block).
There is a city parking garage ($0.50/hour or $4/day) next to the Center. There is limited two-hour free street parking available on Main Street and Central Avenue.
Buses may unload passengers in the loading zone to the left of the entrance to the National Steinbeck Center on Central Avenue.
To access Salinas City bus parking from the Center:
- Continue straight on Central Avenue from the loading zone crossing Salinas Street.
- Turn right onto Lincoln Avenue.
- Turn left on West Market Street.
- Turn right on Palmetto to the Amtrak Station.
- Make first right into the station parking lot and proceed through the parking lot to the adjacent Salinas City lot.
- Bus parking is available in the Salinas City lot, spaces are on the right.
Directions back to the Center:
- Exit parking lot and turn left on Station Place.
- Turn left onto West Market Street and immediately get into the right turn lane.
- Make an immediate right onto Salinas Street.
- Turn left onto Gabilan Street.
- Turn left onto Main Street and proceed to the Center and wait in the passenger loading zone.