Welcome Writing Coaches!This is the SYA Writing Coaches portal. Writing coaches are an integral part of our SYA program and as such we appreciate their time and commitment to the students on the Day of Writing. Anyone who enjoys working with students and making a positive difference is welcomed to be a writing coach. Please read the resource links below to learn about what to expect from this exciting and rewarding opportunity.
As a writing coach you will be asked to:
- Participate in training sessions leading up to the Day of Writing.
- Listen to your student’s essays thoroughly.
- Encourage students to revise their writing.
- Provide constructive and empowering suggestions for the student’s final essay.
- Engage the student through positive conversations on writing and your own life experiences.
- Enjoy lunch with the student and the rest of your fellow coaches.
Welcome & Information
- SYA Writing Coach Flyer – NEW
- Online Version of “The Gift” Red Pony
- Online Version of The Pearl – Chapters 1-3
- SYA Writing Coach Guide – NEW
Check out our gallery from previous Days of Writing!