- This event has passed.
2019 Monterey Peninsula Archives Crawl
October 12, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monterey Peninsula Archives Crawl:
Saturday, October 12, 10 am to 4 pm Various Locations
Take a self-guided tour to various sites highlighting 20 regional institutions displaying rare and unseen items from their historic collections. Historians and archivist will be on hand to share the stories behind these rare items, their importance, and why we preserve them. This is a free event, however registration is required to access sites and obtain the passport. For additional questions or information, please visit our Facebook page or contact Chalet Booker at 831-242-8743.
Passports will be available for pick up the morning of the event at the Colton Hall Museum located at 570 Pacific Street, Monterey, CA 93940.
– Asian Cultural Experience
– California History Room & Archives, Monterey Public Library
– California State Parks – Asilomar Conference Grounds
– California State University, Monterey Bay, Library Archives and Special Collections
– Colton Hall Museum, City of Monterey
– Cooper-Molera Adobes
– Diocese of Monterey Archives
– Fort Ord Collections and Archives
– Harrison Memorial Library
– Historic Harvey House 1868
– Monterey Area Architectural Resources Archive (MAARA)
– Monterey County Free Libraries
– Monterey District California State Parks
– Monterey History and Art Association, Mayo Hayes O’Donnell Library
– Monterey JACL Heritage Center
– Monterey Museum of Art
– Monterey Peninsula College – Archives and Special Collections
– National Steinbeck Center
– Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History
– Salinas Public Library
– Will a Passport give me access to the reception “A Night of History & Hops” reception?
No, “A Night of History & Hops” is a separate event with its own registration. Please register for “A Night of History & Hops,” here.
– How do I receive a Passport?
All Passports will be available at Colton Hall the morning of the event starting at 9:30AM.
– What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The Archives Crawl will take place in Historic Monterey. Parking is indicated on the Passport Map or https://monterey.org/Services/Parking. Parking is predominately 2 hours, however there are a few garages that are fee based. All the locations within the zones are walking distance of each other.
– How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions, please contact Chalet Booker at 831-242-8743 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
– Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?